Friday, April 16, 2010

April 16, 2010

I had a good time with my BFF yesterday. I saw my first 3D movie, "Clash of the Titans." The movie wasn't as good as I hoped it would be, but we had fun anyway. The only downside was I was swollen until very early this morning. It felt like the air conditioning was not on in the theater, which contributed to my swelling.

When I got home, I watched one of my Netflix movies, "Good Hair," a documentary on the lengths that women of color go through to obtain good hair. I had no idea that women will pay thousands of dollars for weaves. They look nice, no doubt, but it's just hair. However, I have learned through the years that women's self esteem is wrapped up in their hair. This is true for all races. I lost all my hair a few years ago when I had to have part of my thyroid removed. It didn't bother me, it actually felt quite liberating to shave my head. I would do it again, but Jay would divorce me. Men like long hair. Period. Give this movie a chance. It was funny, but thought provoking. It's Chris Rock!

I couldn't sleep, so I watched my other Netflix movie, Valkyrie. It was ok, but Tom Cruise could have done so much better. He didn't even try to do a German accent. The History Channel's program on Valkyrie was better. Skip this one, unless you can't sleep and have nothing better to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment