Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April 13, 2010

I really never gave much thought to blogging, but I have lots of opinions so why not put them out there? I hope to use this to help my own sanity since I am on medical bed rest for a while. For those of you who didn't already know, my husband and I are expecting a little girl around June. I have two children, Gavin and Natalie, that I adopted from Guatemala before I met my awesome husband. They are both five right now, Gavin is older and will be six in July. They both start kindergarten this year, an exciting, yet nerve racking time for mom.

So this is my first pregnancy and first biological child. People have actually asked me if I would show more favoritism to Julie (the baby) than Gavin and Natalie. I love my children equally and I know that Jay (my husband) will too. Everything has gone very well with my pregnancy up to this point. I haven't gained too much weight, I had very little morning sickness. I was actually just tired a lot. The swelling started in my ankles and legs, then moved to my hands. I started getting terrible migraines that would not go away. So as a result, I am on bed rest. Bed rest sounds like a good idea, but it's really boring. Being away from work and my students is hard. I really like the people I work with too.

With all this being said, I encourage people to read what I have to say, leave comments, etc. Lord knows I need good suggestions for movies and books. Currently I am reading the House of Night series. I am almost finished with what I have, so feel free to leave comments.

1 comment:

  1. I am generally an avid blogger, as it's an outlet for what's on my mind. Sometimes it backfires (in glorious fashion, no less!), but by and large, it's a great thing for me...and it has taught me a lot about myself. I hope you enjoy the experience!

    ReplyDelete